22 January 2008

Weehawken P.S.

My grandma and my dad's Aunt Yani also spent many hours during his infancy and toddlerhood walking him to the cliffs overlooking Manhattan and New York Harbor. For some reason, he just happens to remember his Aunt Dorothy more vividly in that role, so it is she whom he has most often mentioned when he recalls those early and profoundly influential memories. But lest I offend, since it has been brought to my attention I should point out that the other estimable women taking care of my baby Dad also nurtured his love of trains and faithfully strolled those cliff-tops with him! It really is a gorgeous place to walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, Chris, & kids,
Saw your comments on Leisa, Keenan, and Bailey Hape's blog. Copied your address to get here. Your kids are beautiful too. (thats all this family makes!!)My Daughter Amy, has a site for her kids too. It's http://masonandmaddie.blogspot.com
I'll check in from time to time, now that I have your address saved. Take care. Cousin Ed (Yani's son, the one just married and has the Harley you rode on back here in Indiana)

Amy (aka Mason and Maddie's Mommy) said...

Hi Maria. My Dad (cousin Ed) gave me your blog address. Your kids are just beautiful. I love the pictures you have posted; they make me want to visit New York! I thought I would pass some of my Mom's good advice to you regarding your brown sugar dilemma. If you keep a slice of bread in your brown sugar container, it will stay nice and soft! I look forward to reading your blog posts and seeing more pictures.
Amy Hinman