08 February 2008

At the Park




Today we spontaneously gathered with some friends for a slightly chilly but delightful picnic in Olde Towne Gaithersburg. The kids especially enjoyed romping around the playground together. This is one of our favorite places to hang out. You'll guess why when I mention that before we left we had seen FIVE trains go by! We saw two while we were with the McMillens and Fedelis, and then we took a quick detour to the little museum before we went home. While we were there, a freight train went by. As we were leaving, we caught Amtrak on its way to D.C. Then after we got back to our car, I realized I had left the diaper bag in the museum, and on our way back to get it, guess what? You guessed it! We had to stop and watch another long freight train go by before we could cross the tracks again. Can't imagine why Joshua said "Ooh!! Olde Towne!!" when I told him where we were going! Friends, food, fun, and freight - does life get any better?
*Thanks to Amy Fedeli for the lovely photos*
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

amy said...

amy is quite the photographer. these are great pics!

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Good Pics! Got your e-mail. It will be good to see you all in June. Bring your Mom and Dad too!If you are here on a Sunday, would love to take you to church with us. Yep, Karen has this good ole' boy going to church! That's a good thing! See you all when warm weather gets here I hope. Cousin Ed and Karen in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun at the park with you guys! Thanks again for inviting us. Wow, those pictures are fantastic! Let's do it again soon.