A few things came across my inbox from the Washington Post today that I thought you want to read as well. As if there isn't enough to think about already!
First, Op-Ed columnist Michael Gerson responded to Newsweek's "The Decline and Fall of Christian America." You can read Red Faith, Blue Faith here.
Next came the new NIH guidelines on stem cell research since President Obama relaxed President Bush's carefully thought out restrictions. This could be beneficial and detrimental. There are clearly ethical concerns, even problems, with many difficult questions and choices to consider. I have a lot of questions, but not too many answers. Meaning no offense to families who have been down the often agonizing IVF road, and we know and respect some who are on that road, I must just ask: if we are questioning the morality of stem cell research, ought not we also contemplate the morality of in vitro fertilization? This entire issue deserves serious reflection. I may never arrive at a satisfactory conclusion for myself, but I am willing to try. I would encourage you to thoughtfully ponder this important issue also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment