07 June 2010

Re-entering the blogosphere

I've actually started taking pictures again! I'm grateful for our camera that we were given when Joshua was born, but I think it's feeling its age. I remember now why I was so frustrated with its slow focusing...and focusing...and focusing while the perfect moment disappears several times over. But some pictures are better than no pictures, even if they're not perfect. In looking back over the past few months I find myself increasingly delighting in our family and the ways we spend time together, giving thanks to the Giver of all good gifts for these special people and sweet moments.

We've been busy making lots of memories this spring! In March, we enjoyed warm enough weather to ride trikes and play hopscotch, while indoors we cooked our way through The Toddler Cookbook. In April, we had visits from Chris's parents and my parents, who all worked hard, nay positively slaved, in our house and yard. We went to Williamsburg with the Kinsingers; then Grandpa Al and Grandma Monika bought Joshua a new bike and David a new bike helmet. In May, Joshua closed his first year of preschool with a rousing "Spring Sing," and we watched Aunt Renee sing her master's degree recital songs as well. We enjoyed several play dates at playgrounds, and even went ice skating at Cabin John Ice Rink and saw the butterfly exhibit at Brookside Gardens! June has begun sweetly with strawberry picking and swimming, along with several doctor appointments that have all thankfully indicated good health. And in the midst of it all, we're turning our house upside down and inside out as we get organized in preparation for the imminent arrival of...No Name Yet Kinsinger Boy #3! A smattering of photos below will give you a more complete picture of our lives this spring. There's even a movie, so enjoy!

First, the movie. I think I'll post the photos month by month. This was June 4:

No comments: