09 June 2010

March

Hopscotch:




Our new favorite outdoor activity this spring.

Ever see a pregnant woman play hopscotch?
Photo credit: Joshua



Look Mom! I can climb up this high! (Last year Joshua couldn't get himself up into our dogwood tree but this year it was no problem.)



We took a field trip with our friends the Johnsons to National Colonial Farm in Accokeek, MD.



They had turkeys, chickens, these enormous rams,



and the hairiest pigs I've ever seen!



Joshua and David have seen spinning wheels before and even carded wool, so they were very attentive during this demonstration.



But back to hopscotch. Sidewalk chalk is wonderful!



Drawing number 13.



Joshua's very own hopscotch game. I helped him with the 6 in 16 but otherwise it was literally all him. (And I discovered it's not easy drawing curves on a bumpy sidewalk!)



And what is warm weather for if not also for riding tricycles? These guys would ride all day if I didn't have lots of other things to do that they have to do with me.

1 comment:

amy said...

wow, very cool to see joshua writing! and i especially love seeing how joshua and david are enjoying each other. it'll help when the little one arrives! ;) praying for you guys!