This is the freecycled dresser I am currently refinishing by hand. Today I went out for my usual sanding during the boys' nap and no sooner had I undone the tarp than it started to rain. All the finish is off the top, front, and left side by this time, so once I get the right side done then I can apply the wood filler where needed and then sand again with a finer grit sandpaper. Then finally I can stain! And then varnish varnish varnish. I only hope the rain didn't do any damage I can't sand away. I haven't sanded down the wood that goes behind the mirror yet. Maybe I can do that now that the rain has stopped.
02 July 2009
A few more pics
This is the freecycled dresser I am currently refinishing by hand. Today I went out for my usual sanding during the boys' nap and no sooner had I undone the tarp than it started to rain. All the finish is off the top, front, and left side by this time, so once I get the right side done then I can apply the wood filler where needed and then sand again with a finer grit sandpaper. Then finally I can stain! And then varnish varnish varnish. I only hope the rain didn't do any damage I can't sand away. I haven't sanded down the wood that goes behind the mirror yet. Maybe I can do that now that the rain has stopped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow, maria! you amaze me! i would love to see the dresser when it's all done!
Post a Comment